Selling new homes online can be a challenge, but not impossible.
Property buyers who shop online are usually searching for specific information, targeted to a specific local search area.
Effective new home advertising on the Internet is more than combining your builder’s inventory home information with a few a pictures and submitting them to the classified websites.
Here are a couple of tips to help get your new house classified listings higher rankings in popular search engine results:
- Optimize your spec house listings for maximum search engine placement.
- Utilize only house specific and relevant keywords in your ad titles and description
- Limit “fluff and filler” words from content such as: the, from, and, in, at, to etc…
2. More search engine exposure equals better lead generation for builders.
- Don’t waste your time advertising on sites that do not have a specialized section dedicated to Real Estate, Home Builders, or New Home listings
- Try to find websites that cater to your house prospects buying profile
3. Some classified websites do a better job of distributing property ads than others…
- Oodle, Vast, Edgeio, Propsmart and Google Base are essential to generating massive amounts of viewers to your new home classified listings
- Keep in mind that home buyers are looking for the perfect dwelling that meets their needs – so they will probably also be searching other builder listings as well
4. Multimedia and prospect interaction is a must – but don’t over do it.
- Limit your ads to containing no more than 6 to 10 pictures of each house
- Virtual tours are nice, but make sure you utilize a fast and cost effective way to deliver the videos – there are plenty of free video hosting providers available
For best results, follow the outline above and customize each new house listing to cater to your specific home buyers demographics, and local housing market.